Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2011

royal pains

After reaching the age of 32 last week, I've noticed some changes in my mind and body. I think that last Saturday jarred something loose in my psyche. I know that all aches and pains in the body are centralized through the brain...but i think my brain has been aching and paining recently too. I don't know if everyone goes through this, but my knees are aching, my back is a constant struggle and my right shoulder hurts if i move it the wrong way. As a former athlete (a very former athlete), I expect that the tramendous amount of stress I put my body through with baseball, wrestling, soccer, biking, skating, snow boarding...ect causing pain later in life is expected. obviously i didn't think I'd live this long or I wouldn't have done anything to endanger my body as an adolescent (yeah right). But the pain that my body is going through isn't close to the agony in my mind. When you're young, life is a blank page. no one ever knows how this page will be filled in the future, we just do what we do and the words appear. When you get older and start reading the pages of your life, you get wrapped up in the how's and why's and the "that was a crazy night" moments of your past. My brain aches for those times of the past and for the thoughts of the future. As the pages in your youth were blank, the pages in the future seem to fill before you notice....all on their own. the possibilities seem limited, where the possibilities in youth were limitless. I like my life right now. I've never been happier. I wouldn't give it up for anything. But it's a constant struggle to fill the pages of the future before they have the opportunity to fill themselves. Time to carpe that diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment