Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Me Party

In lieu of the debt ceiling "crisis" I'm proposing a resolution to appoint a congressional representative in the House from the Me Party. This party serves my self interest. I figure I'm a pretty regular guy and my family lives a pretty regular life. If I have a representative in Washington that sticks up for what I believe and votes how I want him/her to vote, then I figure other people who may consider themselves regular will be represented as well. Here's what I think is phenomenal about this idea: not once will this representative speak to anyone who is not directly represented by him/her. no press. no other party people. no celebrity golfing. no communication of any kind. facebook. twitter. blogging. nothing. What will this accomplish? It will guarantee that no influence except the people of whom are represented will be expressed by the Me Party representative. So many of our political battles are played, won and lost in the political arena of lobbyists, martini lunches and media savvy, money hungry msnbc, fox news and cnn journalists. I literally heard at least 5 reputable journalists say this morning that the debt ceiling crisis was not that big of a deal. These are the same fat ass fear mongers that suckered me into watching their news programs every day for the past 5 weeks by saying that this vote is one of the most important votes in recent political history.

So what happens now? maybe I'll be able to answer that tomorrow....but I doubt it. I'm getting kind of sick of writing about this stuff. I think I'll try some jokes, personal stories, limericks, maybe haiku. I'll just throw some stuff out there and see what sticks to the wall. how's that sound?

1 comment: