Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Short-Terminism

I heard a term today that is new to me: Short-Terminism. At first I was pissed because I thought this was an addition to the short jokes that have plagued me my entire life. But Kulifay isn't blogging yet, so I'm safe for now. As I looked into this term a little more I found that this is a theory that a business is no longer looking for long term growth and prosperity; instead businesses are looking for large short term gains. Holy Shit, here's a new concept. I really thought that the business community would have figured this out by now. Every business that opens is looking to gain fast profits. It's human nature to try and get as much as possible as fast as possible. Business starters don't want to work 80 hours/week to make $20K/year. They want to work 8 hours/week make $20K in the first month, take it to Vegas and spend it on hookers and blow. We've been watch Paris Hilton and Girls Gone Wild for long enough to be envious of the lifestyle that money makes possible. As the country grows and the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the Jones Effect becomes more powerful, our citizens will continue to be influenced by our most influential force. We will always be infatuated with what others have and that motivates us. I for one don't think this is a bad motivation. If wanting to be like Chuck Sheen or Lindsay Lohan is what makes a person make something new or try something different or sell something unsellable, I say go for it. Make it happen. I'd ;like to party with Lindsay...and if given the chance hell yeah I'd do it. I just don't have any money making ideas...bummer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment